Saluki Summer Bridge
What is Saluki Summer Bridge?
The Saluki Summer Bridge program is designed to help first-year students get an early start and adjust to student life. The program specifically helps incoming freshman prepare for their first semester at SIU.
How much does the program cost?
If selected, SIU provides a scholarship to cover the cost of housing, meals, courses and other expenses during the program.
How will I benefit?
Summer Bridge students:
- Live in the residence hall for two weeks
- Participate in academic enrichment courses
- Engage in leadership activities
- Explore student employment opportunities
- Receive an introduction to SIU student platforms and programs
- Meet campus faculty, staff and administrators
Who should apply?
- Students who want to get an early start to college adjustment, improve college readiness skills, and increase their chances of success at the university.
- First time, first year (freshman) students who have been accepted for admission to the university for the upcoming Fall semester.
What should I do to be considered?
- Apply and be accepted into SIUC.
- Complete your financial aid application on or before the time you apply for Saluki Summer Bridge.
- Take the math placement test.
- Return the application packet by Friday, June 7, 2019.
When will I know if I am selected for the program?
By Friday, June 14, 2019.